Saturday, May 26, 2012

a Memorable Day

“When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.” (Acts 2:1-4)

Whenever I read the story of Pentecost, it seems a story with vivid pictures: violent winds, tongues of fire, speaking tongues etc. That day was not normal but truly memorable to those people. Their lives were never the same after that day. Pentecost was the birth day of churches.

When I was young, I was truly expecting to see and feel the Holy Spirit as fire or strong wind at the worship service on Pentecost. How about you?

This Sunday is Pentecost. And as you know it is Memorial Day weekend. We will celebrate both at our worship services. I pray that we all have a memorable experience throughout the services in God’s strong presence. At the 8 AM service the Sonrise Singers will lift up a beautiful anthem “Praise, My Soul, the King of Heaven” as an offertory. At 11, the Sanctuary Choir will praise “Every time I feel the Spirit” as an anthem with two soloists, Mark Krueger and Linda Scott. Our men’s quartet group, Call to Harmony, will share a medley of songs from armed services as an offertory. The Grace Notes will sing, “Jesus and Mommy love me” as a call to worship. What a blessing to have all these talented people to lift up their talents to the Lord!

Sadly, it will be the last Sunday at Floris for our accompanist, Billie Whittaker. She is moving to Florida soon due to her husband’s new job. Please pray for God’s blessings on her and her husband and their new adventure in a new area.

At last, I am back to the States safely. Thanks all for your prayers. I did have a wonderful time even though it was hard to leave my mom. I appreciate for your continuing prayers for my mom. She is well but alone.

Here are the lyrics of our anthem at 11:00. May the Spirit of God fill us fully!

Every time I fell the Spirit, moving in my heart, I will pray, every time I fell the Spirit, moving in my heart, I will pray.

  1. On the mountain, my Lord spoke, out His mouth came fire and smoke. Down in the valley, on my knees, asked my Lord have mercy please.
  2. Jordan River, chilly and cold, chills the body not the soul, All around me looked so fine, asked my Lord if all was mine.
  3. Ain’t but one train on this track, runs to heaven and right back. St. Peter waiting at the gate, said come on sinner, don’t be late.

Every time I fell the Spirit, moving in my heart, I will pray, every time I fell the Spirit, moving in my heart, I will pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment