Thursday, May 3, 2012

Geistliches Lied (Sacred Song)

Welcome May! Can you believe that it is already May? I have lately enjoyed fresh air after rain. It bring more various fragrant to me always. I hope that you all enjoy it too.
In May, there will be many special Sundays at our worship. On May 13th, Mother’s day, you will hear wonderful music by Oakton high school Madrigal choir at 11:00 o’clock service, and on 20th, confirmation Sunday, beautiful trio and flute solo from our students will lift up their music! And 27th is Pentecost!
This Sunday is a Communion Sunday, and the chamber choir will lift up a beautiful song by Brahms called “Geistliches Lied” (Sacred Song) in German. Brahms used early baroque composition technique to bring more sacred sound along with the lyric. I hope you enjoy hearing this beautiful song, and feel God’s presence.  
At 8:00 o’clock, one of my daughter, Christine and I will sing a duet “Prayer for Humility” as an offertory. It has a beautiful prayerful lyric. I pray that the Lord refresh our souls with beautiful praise throughout the services.
May the Lord enrich our lives abundantly with His love and grace!
 Here is a translation of “Geistliches Lied”. Enjoy!
Geistliches Lied (Sacred Song) by J. Brahms
Let no sad thought oppress thee, distress thee;
Fear nothing, trust God's own will, and be thou still, my spirit, my spirit.
Heed not with care and sorrow the morrow, the morrow, our Father who all doth see shall give to thee thy portion.
From righteous paths then range not, and change not; be steadfast, for God is just; give Him thy trust forever, forever.
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment