Saturday, November 24, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving!

As you heard from Rev. Tom’s sermon last week, Thanksgiving is one of most favorite holidays for those who work at churches, including me. I love Thanksgiving because I could get to have a pause from work and stay at home.

When we lived in Bloomington, IN, we were invited at least three different places to have the Thanksgiving meal. People knew that we were international students who didn’t have family around us. So, I didn’t have to cook anything but just plan to hop around the friends’ houses to enjoy fellowship long with great food. However, when we moved down to GA, no one invited us. So, we invited our friends to our home to have Thanksgiving meal together. I didn’t have to cook again the main “Turkey” because there were always friends who were experts upon thanksgiving meal.

When we moved to Virginia two years ago, my in laws’ moved into our home to live with us from Korea. So, I decided to make the Thanksgiving tradition of my own. I have started plan the dinner and cook by myself for my family members. This was my second Thanksgiving dinner meal that I prepared. I don’t know why but I have enjoyed a lot cooking, baking, and setting the tables without any stresses. While preparing the Thanksgiving meal, I remembered all kinds of thanksgiving that we have got through in the United States and gave deep thanks to God for those friends who embraced us as one of them in those years. I called their names on my prayer on the Thanksgiving morning. What a blessing I have had!

I have prayed that I can invite friends who don’t have many family members nearby like me for next year Thanksgiving. I don’t know why there is always more love when we share meal together but I do believe that it always works 100%. I remember Jesus who often had meals with friends, and even sinners. There is always love when we share food and have real fellowship.  I hope that you all have had that love experience in this Thanksgiving.

This Sunday, there will be no choirs but have a special music at worship services. Call to Harmony will lift up at 9:15 and 11:00 o’clock services, and there will be a special dance at all services by Anna. You don’t want to miss this opportunity to have an experience of God’s presence in the worship.

Advent starts on Dec. 2nd. Let’s prepare the way of the Lord in our hearts so we can share “Emmanuel” to those who haven’t had a chance to have relationship with Him yet.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment