Monday, November 12, 2012

Grateful Praise

It is hard to believe that we are in the middle of November already. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite American holidays so I love November. I love the idea of sharing what we are thankful for each day during this month. Even though I should always be thankful, I am easily caught in moments where I forget to be thankful. It has been a useful exercise for me to bring my focus back to the grateful heart. It has been not only helping me to give thanks, but also helping me to have a moment to look around with grateful eyes.
I am very excited for this Sunday’s worship service because we will think about the word of Hope through Psalm 40, and celebrate Veteran’s Day. David praises beautifully in the Psalm and is full of thanksgiving for God’s faithfulness. I have focused on grateful hearts for our music selections.
We will have the children’s choirs at the 9:15 AM and 11:00 AM services. The JaM Choir will lift up “Grateful Praise” at 9:15, and The Little Praisers will sing, “I Love to Praise Him.”  The Sonrise Singers will lift up a song, “I Will Give Jubilant Thanks” as an offertory at the  8:00 AM service, and the Chamber Choir will sing, “Song for the Unsung Hero” as a Veteran’s Day anthem with a beautiful trumpet played by Mark Cooke. We will have a beautiful a capella piece, “Set Me as a Seal” as an offertory at the 11:00 AM  service.
May the Lord open our hearts and eyes to see how faithful He has been to us! Let’s give Him our grateful praise!
Here are the words to some of this Sunday’s songs.
Song for the Unsung Hero
Let us sing for unsung heroes, those who lay their dreams aside. Choosing honor more than glory, pledging faith with quiet pride. Those whose uniform is courage, yet are unashamed of tears. Finding in their love of freedom power stronger than their fears.
Refrain: Sing a song for unsung heroes, sing from sea to shining sea. As the faithful sang before you, sing the song of liberty.
Let us sing for unsung heroes, those who answer freedom’s call. Those united by one purpose, all for one and one for all. We will sing and not be silenced, we will keep our voices strong, for as long as we keep singing, freedom’s cry will still live on!
My country tis of thee, sweet land of liberty. Of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, Land of the Pilgrims’ pride, from every mountainside, let freedom  ring. Let us sing the song of freedom, sing the song of liberty, America.
Grateful Praise
Hearts ever grateful, hearts giving thanks to the Lord.  Hearts ever faithful, now sing their thanks to the Lord.  Grateful for each tree and flower, for the wonder of each hour.
Hearts ever grateful, hearts giving thanks to the Lord. Hearts ever faithful, now sing their thanks to the Lord. Grateful for the joy of love, friends on earth and friends above.
For the wonder of each hour of the day and of the night, hill and vale, and tree and flower.
Sun and moon, and stars of light; Lord of all, to thee we raise this our hymn of grateful praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment