Thursday, March 15, 2012

Songs of Prayers

Since the spring time forward, I have noticed two things clearly: beautiful blooming flowers, and really early chirping birds. How beautiful the blooming flowers are! Some of them are incredibly beautiful that I have to touch to make sure they are real flowers not fake ones. Have you had that experience? And how early the birds have started chirping! They are truly diligent! I have to response to both flowers and birds sometimes saying “ok, ok, Good morning~ to you all~!” They all give their responses with their beautiful smiles or endless chirping. I know that I am kind of strange in this way. However, I am amazed always how artistic our Creator is through the natures!
Have you had an experience looking at a tree praying? I have. As you noticed, most of trees stretch their branches toward the sky. Some of them are just too gorgeous to describe. Whenever I see those trees, I could hear that they are praying and praising to the Creator.
This Sunday, we will have a great experience to praise and pray through our music at worship services.  The Sonrise singers will lift up “Open our eyes” as an offertory at 8 o’clock service, and the Sanctuary choir will lift up a prayerful song “ Let me hide myself in Thee” as an anthem at 11:00. Also, the student choir will sing two beautiful prayers in songs called “Prayer litany” with a beautiful oboe played by our member, Nikki Buermeyer, and “A Prayer for Humility”; the students have been diligently working hard and I am very excited to share with you all on this Sunday. At last, the Floris Strings will play “the Lord’s Prayer” at 11:00 as our prelude. What a blessing to have all those talents to be lifted to the Lord, and glorify Him!
If you would like to be a part of the blessings, please visit our new wonderful website and let me know! We currently need some more string players in our Floris Strings, as well as other choir members.
I pray that May the Lord answer our prayers throughout those musical prayers and worship on this Sunday!
Enjoy lyrics of some songs will be lifted up on Sunday at 11:00 o’ clock service.
Let me Hide Myself in Thee
Rock of Ages, cleft for me, let me hide myself in Thee; Let the water and the blood, from Thy wounded side which flowed, be of sin the double cure; save from wrath and make me pure.
Nothing in my hand I bring, simply to the cross I cling; naked, come to Thee for dress; helpless, look to Thee for grace; foul; I to the fountain fly; wash me, Savior, or I die.
While I draw this fleeting breath, when mine eyes close in death, when I soar to worlds unknown, see Thee on Thy judgment throne, Rock of Ages, cleft for me, let me hide myself in Thee.


A Prayer for Humility
Mighty God and gentle Lamb, Lord of all creation, how we long to know you, how we strive to serve you, help us now to love you even more.

Refrain: Give us humble hearts to praise you and listening ears to hear your voice, willing hands to serve you, thankful spirits to rejoice.
Lord of all, we adore you, and we bring this prayer before you: Create in us humble hearts.

When our thoughts turn proud, remind us of the grace you freely give. When we lose our way, Lord, find us, draw us close to you again.

Prayer Litany
Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace, day by day.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love, and where there is despair, may I sow hope, hope.
Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace, day by day.
Where there is darkness, let me sow light, and where there is sadness, I sow joy, joy.
Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace, day by day.
And Lord, of thee three things I pray, day by day; To see the more clearly, love thee more clearly, and follow thee more nearly day by day.
Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace, day by day. Let me sow love, hope, light, Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment