Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Majesty and Glory of Your name

When fall arrives, my heart starts beating faster than usual to see beautiful trees and sky. It seems that every fall is new; every trees change their clothes differently each year. I might be forget how they looked like last year but still the inspiration in fall makes me wonder of God's world and creation. I enjoy walking anytime of a day in my neighborhood, watching trees mostly and sky. Fall in this year has been a real treat for me from God. I did feel blessed much last year but somehow I feel more blessed in this year through the season. Some trees let their leaves go earlier than others, some stay until the end with green and finally change their clothes. When I walked this morning, there were tons of late leaves covering the streets. Still those vivid and undescribable colorful leaves are just gorgoeous. When I stood under one of trees to look up to see the beauty, I could hear the tree speaking to me " there is a time to gain, there is time to lose. however, I praise the Lord with all my hands lifted. " Maybe...,my imagination was too childish to accept, but truly, I could hear them talking, and praising God who created them beautifully. I have thought about me: I love to worship and praise my God, the Creator.However, I could confess that I do not praise in all circumstances. I have been learning through the trees that we don't have to find reasons to praise God, because He is the Creator: we just need to praise and worship God because of who He is! We try hard to find making lists of blessings to give thanks in this time of season near Thanksgiving. However, I have learned the trees that I don't even have to think about the list to praise Him. He has given us the most wonderful gift, the life; the eternal life through Jesus Christ.
The choir and Floris Strings will praise God with "The Majesty and Glory of Your name" at 11:00 service on this Sunday. It is a beautiful, poetic praising anthem based on Psalm 8. I pray that we all lift up our heart together to praise and worship God with all our hearts like the trees. " O what is man, that You are mindful of him." God is mindful of us, gave us salvation through His only Son, Jesus. What else we need to praise and give thanks to God?

No comments:

Post a Comment