Sunday, August 14, 2011

Why do we praise God?




While I was preparing the short presentation about why we praise God, I had a great moment to realize in various things about praising God.

First of all, praising God should be the first reaction and expression as His people. He is the Creator of heaven and earth, the King of kings and the Lord of lords: He is the only one who deserve our worship and praise. Also, He commends us to worship and praise Him. In Psalm 150 "Let everything has breath praise the Lord!" Praising God is not suggestion, it is His commendment. However, the commendment is based on His love toward us. By praising God, we find and recognize who God really is and His amazing characters. As I shared this morning, by praising God, we meet our God closely. He empoweres us with His love, comfort, peace and hope through the moment.

We can find how worthy God is to be praised throughout these words from the Bible: Psalm 96:4, Psalm 145:3, 2 Samuel 22:4, Revelation 4:11 and more.

Also, praising God strengthens us to live well as His children.

God uses praises to overcome the battles, to heal brokeness, and to transform people who like He is.

Then how we can praise God?

People often think "praising God" is limited to verbal expression; singing, or reciting words. However, we can praise God with instruments, clapping, raising hands, dancing and so on. God does not limit of praises.

One of my unforgetable memories was also related to the praising God. There was always a special Sunday worship service for the deaf after 5, 6 graders' Sunday worship service in my home church. One Sunday, I was about to leave the place, I saw people wearing robes to attend the service as choir members. I was curious how they would praise God without singing. :I did not know any other forms of praising God except singing at that time. I was shocked with their beautiful praise and worship! I could feel full of God's presence right there! Their facial expressions and sign languages were just beyond we could imagine. I learned that day that there is no limitation to praising God!

Even though God commends us to praise Him, I believe that God commends for us to do it. If we don't praise God, there will be no relationship between God and us. Let's praise the Lord!






Praising God brings always power of God because in praising God, God is there! I pray that we all become "praising people" like John Wesley's description of methodists who are singing people. I pray that whenever we get together to worship God, we praise Him with all our hearts and spirit that transforms us to go out in the world with His living power!

No comments:

Post a Comment