Saturday, February 23, 2013

Arise, my soul, arise!


I have realized that seeking God all the time is a hard task. My daily life routine is already trained to run without stopping and asking, “What is God’s will” each moment.  Even though I do have moments to pray and read God’s word, I find that I naturally live without seeking Him every moment.  So, during this week, I have intentionally put my antennae higher to alert myself to hear God’s voice more often. I have sent memos and emails to several friends I haven’t talked with in awhile, and I did use my time more productively than before. However, without His help, my body goes back to the routine quickly without a doubt. Apostle Paul in Ephesians strongly urges to us to,“ Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise,  making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.  Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.” I pray that we all make the most of every opportunity to understand what the Lord’s will is and to obey Him in our actions especially this Lent.
On this second Sunday of Lent our worship service is filled with beautiful music. The Sanctuary Choir’s anthem at the 11:00 AM service will be a recently composed song for a choir and violin called, “Arise, My Soul,  Arise.” Maryann Williams will play the violin solo with the choir. Call to Harmony will lift up an offertory. At the 8:00 AM service, you will have a chance to hear one Bach’s famous violin partitas with Maryann on the violin.
The lyrics of the anthem, “Arise, My Soul, Arise” are like a poem.
Arise, my soul, arise. Shake off thy guilty fears. The bleeding Sacrifice in my behalf appears. Before the Throne, my Surety stands. My name is written on His hands.
Five bleeding wounds He bears, received on Calvary, they pour effectual prayers, they strongly plead for me: “Forgive him, O forgive, “they cry. “Nor let that ransomed sinner die. “
My God is reconciled, His voice I hear, He owns His child, I can no longer fear. With confidence I know draw nigh. And “Abba, Father” cry.
Arise, my soul, arise! And “Father, Abba, Father,” cry. Arise, my soul, arise.

No comments:

Post a Comment