Thursday, June 30, 2011

Living Water, Guiding Spirit



Welcome July!! I can't believe how fast the summer has been passing.

I attended "conductor's craft workshop" in Kenosha, WI this week. I have inspired by those wonderful composers, conductors, and musicians with their musics. It was a blessing.

One of them was Joseph Martin. As you know, he has written countless music for anthems, cantatas, and so on. He was a certainly humble inspiring christian composer. Honorably, the summer choir will sing one of his songs on July 10th.

It is "Living Water, Guiding Spirit", inspired by Psalm 42. He wrote with Native American melody based with the song. Whenever I sing the song, it brings the imaginary of the gushing streams of water in the movie "Spirit". In the beginning part of the movie an eagle flies into the canon and streams. The lyric is an inspiring prayer. I pray that we all long for presence of the living God through this beautiful music.

Here is the lyric.
"Just as the deer longs for the water, my spirit longs for you, my God.
Living water flow in me. Refresh my soul with Your truth and grace.
Make in me Your vessel pure, a heart to hold Your praise.
Just as the wind blows through the forest, move through my life today, O Lord, I pray.
Guiding Spirit blow through me. Refresh my soul with Your truth and grace. Lift me up where eagles fly. Teach me a higher way. Teach me O Lord, I pray."

No comments:

Post a Comment